Thread: too late for a n244?

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question too late for a n244?

Hi guys, new here. I was wondering about filing for a n244 for a court fine now in the hands of bailiffs. Its over unpaid remainder of a criminal conviction. The sum adjudged remaining was £110. That I paid into court, and have a receipt. Marston are still chasing £310 fees.

We have absolutely no money, I mean none. I'm pinching WiFi to write this! I borrowed the £110 and have no idea how I'm going to pay it back.

Should I ask this to be set aside for means testing, or on the grounds I have yet to see sight of NOE or warrant. The first we knew of this was when EA showed up a month ago.

Enforcement action imminent.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: too late for a n244?

Ps something weird I noticed, absolutely no mention of this warrant of control on trust online under ccj, high court or fine defaults?! I'm very confused as another ccj I've applied to have set aside is clearly showing.

What is going on?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Default Re: too late for a n244?

Itw on't be registered as it is a criminal conviction, Trust Online relates to civil debts. If you paid only the £110 then you have been very ill advised as the Bailiff is still allowed to collect his fees. The chances are he Court may have returned the monies to the Bailiff as they are allowed to deduct the £75 Compliance Fee first which leaves £35 off your fine but even this may be paid out pro rata. Therefore it means your fine is not paid and the Warrant the Bailiff has also allows him to force entry to your home.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry should have mentioned you are wasting your time with an N244 as that is for County/High Court whereas yours is Magistrates.