• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Breach of contract- What should I pay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breach of contract- What should I pay?

Got some building work done to rewire my house, external office, and garage. When I spoke to the builder, he gave me a quote but said he needed to check with his boss. The boss said it would be more expensive but we were happy to pay this to get the work done. When the work is finally "finished", the external office and garage haven't been re-wired, and there are massive holes in the walls that haven't been plastered in. He's still demanding his full payment, saying that this is what we agreed to. We definitely didn't agree to this and always maintained we wanted the external buildings done too.
    My husband has pretty bad memory issues after an accident a few years back, so doesn't remember the conversation accepting not to have this extra work included He says he never would have accepted this as we both wanted the external buildings done and made this clear throughout. There is a written quote, but we did not read it as we assumed it would be the same as all of our original agreements including the external building re-wiring. We would never have agreed to pay so much if we knew this work wouldn't be done. Obviously this is a lesson learned, but it was otherwise never made expressly clear there would be any changes to the original agreement.

I've tried to email them to sort this out and they're accusing me of trying to delay/withhold payment, and saying that they were abusing my husband for his memory issues. This is not the case, I just want to get the original work done for the original fee. I cannot accept that I will have to pay more money for less work! It just doesn't seem right. What should I do? Is small claims court the way to go? Do I have a case?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X