• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with PIP Face to Face assesment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with PIP Face to Face assesment

Hi,

My husband has been on DLA medium care and high mobility since suffering a stroke. He now has to move on to PIP and has been sent a letter saying he needs to attend a Face to Face ( He did not have to attend one with DLA)

The first issue is that the centre for his appointment is 30 miles away. Atos has a PIP consultation centre 1.5 miles from us.

The second issue is that with my husbands conditions we never know how he is going to be on that day until he gets up.

He sufferes from lack of mobility on his right side with a lot of spaticity on his arm. He needs a walking stick to help him walk and he has drop-foot after the stroke.

He also suffers from COPD , IBS and HSP (the later one is a condition that affects his joints mainly his ankles and knees making them swell up and sometimes causing bruise like stain on his legs.

He battles very day with chronic fatigue and he also suffers from depression.
    Many mornings he starts the day with hot flashes and stomach crumps. If fatigue is bad he can barely keep his eyes open.

All this was on explained on the forms and we were surprised when he received a face to face considering a stroke is one of the conditions listed as one of the conditions that dont necessarily require a face to face.

I am asking for help on how to deal with this.
    I have also already read so much in here about people loosing their benefit or their motability after having attended this assessment my husband is feeling very anxious about this I we have a car I drive and it is independency for us all as a family. we have 2 young kids.

Can someone give us some advice ?

Many thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X