• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hillsdens/Aplins- Court Claim- Summary Judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillsdens/Aplins- Court Claim- Summary Judgement

Hi All

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this one.

Old MBNA debt now at £6k apparently sold to Hillsdens. Told Hillsdens and MBNA back in 2008/early 2009 i was having money problems and in trying to resolve I only wanted to deal with MBNA. Nothing further heard except had the odd statement from Hillsdens stating outstanding balance.

Anyway Hillsdens appointed Aplins solicitors mid 2015- court claim lodged 02/07/15 - filed ack of service and requested supporting documents after checking what to ask for from this site. Nothing provided so defense submitted stating statue barred which I was 90% it was.

Aplins finally provided a lot of docs, not all, received first week of Jan, in this is a letter said to be issued by MBNA stating default to be registered if account not brought up to correction by 28th March 2010 which is what they stated is the basis of their clam and proves the debt is not statue barred due to date issued?.

I responded raising questions over some of the information within this paperwork and highlighted that MBNA had actually registered a default on my credit file 27.02.2010, the letter they are relying on was just part of the process as default had been recorded prior to the letter, the last payment if correct was 01/07/09 and asked them to explain why such delays in pursuing this matter but said if they do not answer these points if the claim goes to court I will ask a judge to ensure they answer.

Letter received then stating ok claim will go to court and I can do what I want basically. Nothing further heard for a few weeks then Saturday court letter stating local court now dealing and summary judgement requested and I will either get told of court date or judges decision.

I am unsure where to go next and do not want to be quickly bullied into a corner so I am looking for a way forward if any.

Thanks for any and all advice in advance.

LeccyBlue
    Last edited by Electricblue; 1st March 2016, 06:20:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Hillsdens/Aplins- Court Claim- Summary Judgement

:bump:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X