• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please Lowell Debt collection company chasing for paid debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please Lowell Debt collection company chasing for paid debt

Hi,

About a month ago I received a letter from Lowell stating that they had bought a debt from Vodafone of £545.00 and that I needed to pay within two weeks or further action against me would be taken.
    I had a Vodafone contract years ago and had a nightmare with it when the phone was received it didn't work so i sent back to vodafone and cancelled the contract in writing. Months later vodafone contacted me requiring money and so began a tireless to and fro which ended with me proving they had received the phone and cancelling the contract along with their acknowledgement of these to factors they also sent me a compensatory cheque for all stress caused.
    So as far as i know there is no debt, i have also checked the my credit file and there is no debt recorded - I phoned lowell told them the whole story and that acknowledge there is no debt, and they need to back off.
    They have now sent two more letters saying my query has been resolved and that they will be marking my credit history.
    Trouble is all this happened years ago about 2011 and so I have no records to help my case, I have moved three times since then and unfortunately being young didn't expect this to ever happen.
    I have tried so hard to get out of debt, I feel like this has just been a crushing defeat.
    I have no idea how to handle this now especially as Vodafone have no idea what I seem to be talking about, can anyone help me please?
    Tags: None

Re: Help please Lowell Debt collection company chasing for paid debt

Write to Lowell, putting them to strict proof that the debt exists.
    Ask for legible copies of all or any signed agreements with Vodaphone, and copies of any documents demanding money from them.
    Tell them you will not be making any payments as you consider that there is no debt, unless and until they have furnished the required documents showing different.
    Send it by recorded and signed for post (cost under £2.00)
    Keep the post office receipt.
    Let us know what happens.
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

I would send a subject data access request to Vodafone. This will cost £10 . You should get copies of all the letters particularly the letter acknowledging that you do not owe V anything . Send a copy of this document recorded delivery to Lowell.

Comment

Thank you for all your help a letter is now being sent recorded post today and hopefully I can finally get to the bottom of everything and stop being harrassed.

Comment

Hi firebecca22,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

I've received your email and will call you later today.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
          I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X