• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need a lawyer to sue Tmobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a lawyer to sue Tmobile

Hello I need some help please, I am going to sue Tmobile. I stupidly took a contract out for the ex girl friend in my name etc she never paid anyway.

I went too apply for a morgtage but was declined due to adverse credit checked equifax and experian there both squeaky clean then checked call credit and there is a default from T mobile. the registered the default just over 4 years from the last payment was made roughly tthey wouldn't tell me excatly but from looking at the payment history it looks like end of 2006. They then told me they have written the debt off and it was a collecting agency who say they sold it back to Tmobile I've been getting the run around. I have sent the CEO of ee they are now known of emails with the ico guidelines within 6 months to issue a default not nearly 4 or 5 years later. If they issued the default correctly it wwould've fallen off my report this year but they are ignoring me now. I have just lost £92.000 off the scottish government to help buy a home and my marriage is nearly breaking down due to this stress does anyone have any advice on how I can sue them ?

Thank you

https://www.callcreditcheck.com/img/...bles_blank.gif

This is the info on my credit files

sorry if this is in the wrong area
    Last edited by char; 2nd February 2013, 07:46:AM. Reason: Adding
    Tags: None

Re: Need a lawyer to sue Tmobile

Hi and to LegalBeagles,,someone will be around to help you,it's a tad early yet so bear with us

Comment

Aww thank you it is early isn't it I've been up all night trying to find a solution thank you

Comment

Firstly, I would speak to the ICO as a matter of urgency and see if they can help you at all. It may save you a lot of running around and expense. Also, speak to OFCOM who regulate telecoms providers. They might be able to help with regard to EE's behaviour. You should also speak to your local Trading Standards Department who might be able to help. Has EE sent you a deadlock letter yet? If they have not, ask them for a deadlock letter so that you can escalate the matter. Sometimes, this is enough to bring telecoms providers to their senses. However, if you do have to engage a legal professional to help you obtain justice, then, please bear in mind that you need to do what you can to resolve the matter without resorting to court action. Court action is the very last resort when all else has failed.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Also, you need to have a good long look through the paper work they sent you.

You say that the contract was in your name, did you ever receive any bills, final demands, default notices, notice of intention to suspend services?

The collections process of a mobile company is as follows:

Text message to the handset reminding you of the outstanding balance
          Written request for payment
          Collections letter with a name to contact regarding the arrears
          Letter of intention to suspend services
          Letter of service suspension, and how to have this removed. (IMEI bar placed on the phone at this stage to stop any use until payment is received)
          Default notice by mail (to Account Holder, not bill payer)
          Further letter, and calls, from Collections.
          Letter of Intention to Involve Solicitor
          Letter of transfer of debt to a Debt Collector.

If you had any of these letters and ignored them, I would be very careful before I started legal proceedings.
          Also, are you 100% that Tmobile themselves applied the Default Notice (it is an unusual step I must say) and not the D/C/A on behalf of Tmobile, which some DCAs will do.

Comment

Thankyou,
            I have no paper work whatsoever, The address was down as my ex girlfriends so if they sent any letters it would of gone there, my fault in the first place but she assured me she cancelled it with a months notice near the end of the contract I never kept my paper work as recently binned it all as its 7 years old this year I'm going to contact the ICO and offcom etc first I have had a final answer from the cheif executive office which ignores everything I have said and just tells me that they wrote the debt of and it's with a debt collectors who say they have gave it back to Tmobile , it is 100 % tmobile who have defaulted me on my credit report.

Thankyou for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X